There are a whole host of activities taking place across Manchester during the Easter half term, with so many free things on offer the little ones should never be bored!
- National Football Museum – Open daily from 10am – 5pm
Various exhibitions including 1966 World Cup expo, Subbuteo skills workshops, Easter trails and Sand art sessions. Please visit the website at www.nationalfootballmuseum.com for more details and times of activities. (Free entry)
- Whitworth Art Gallery – Open daily from 10am – 5pm
The gallery have Art Hampers available daily for children and their families to use as they explore the gallery. There are various activities taking place including an Art Picnic, Artist Sundays and the Spring Studio Easter School. Please visit the website at www.whitworth.manchester.ac.uk for more details of times and activities. (Free entry)
- Manchester Museum – Open daily from 10am – 5pm
From Darwin to Turing, from natural history and the environment to technology and the environmental, via objects as remarkable as dinosaur skeletons and mummies from Ancient Egypt: our collection spans millennia, and over four million objects. Please visit the website at www.museum.manchester.ac.uk for more details of times and activities. (Free entry)
- MSI Manchester – Open daily from 10am – 5pm
Have you got the power? It’s full steam ahead for family fun this Easter with our holiday activities. Discover what gives machines that get up and go with our interactive shows, engaging demonstrations and hands on workshops. Please visit the website at www.msimanchester.org.uk for more details and times of activities. (Free entry)
- Free swimming – Free Swimming is available for under 17s during any ‘Swim for All’ session at Better leisure centres across Manchester during school holidays. To register you need to complete a short application form available online at www.better.org.uk/manchesterfreeswimming
- Central Library – Spring Crafts to take home, 5thand 12th April, 2-3pm.
Lego Club, 15th April, 2-4pm. (Free entry)
- North City Library – Lego Stop Motion Animation, 1stApril, 11-12.30, age 6-12 years.
Lego Club, 12th April, 10.30-12. (Free entry)
- Newton Heath Library – Digital Music Workshop, 1stApril, 11-12.30, age 6-12 years. (Free entry)
- Debdale Park – Manchester Donkey Sanctuary. Come and meet the Donkeys! 3/4/17 – 14/4/17 (Free entry)
Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm
Balloon Modelling Workshop, 5th April, 1-3pm (Free entry)
Target Sport Taster Day – 12th April, 1-4pm. Try your hand at various target sports. (Free entry)
- Fletcher Moss Park – Easter Nature Trail, 5thApril, 10am-3pm. A self-led, drop in event to explore the park.
- Heaton Park – Easter Weekend, 15th& 16th April, 12-3pm. There are lots of activities in the park including a mini egg hunt, face painting, crafts and a falconry display. (Free entry)
- Platt Fields Park – Create & Grow, 16thApril, 12-4pm. Create an Easter Bunny plant pot and plant something edible to take home and watch grow. (Free entry)
Please check the websites before travelling to events as sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances things do change. All events taking place in Manchester parks are listed on manchester.gov.uk
Manchester’s Local Offer (holiday activities)
Seashell CADS 3rd – 6th April 2017
Easter activities at the Youth Factory Zone & new Sunday sessions
Open Access holiday schemes for Easter 2017
Frogtastic Comedy Night – for disabled young people over the age of 18 years Wednesday 26th April 2017 http://www.heroesproject.org.uk/initiatives/frogtastic
Autism Friendly showings at Dimensions – next one showing 26th March 2017 https://www.dimensions-uk.org/families/autism-friendly-environments/autism-friendly-screenings/latest-autism-friendly-films/
Inclusive Music Concert at the RNCM 4th April 2017